- flutter kicking with barbell float – 1 width
- Superman glide- 10 ft
- sea otter back float – 5 sec.
- octopus front float- 5 sec.
- pulling paddle, face in- 10 ft.
- swim, rollver, front-to-back-to-front, swim
- underwater jump, rollover, float
- climb out
- underwater jump, turn, swim to the wall
When my daughter Olivia was 2 years old, she loves to play dress-up. She would change her costumes or outfits 3-4 times a day, it drives me crazy. Up to now, she still loves to play dress up but it toned down already. I think it comes with the territory of being a girl and also have a mom who loves clothes. She just love being a girl even the fact that she is mostly surrounded with boys. Her constant playdates are boys because my friends kids are boys but she loves girly things and she enjoys being a girl. I remember one time she told me that since me and her matched or coordinate our outfits a lot, she also wanted to match with her doll Samantha. So when i was contacted by Little Adventures to collaborate with them, i told Olivia and she got so excited ! What’s more amazing and the very most important thing that i pay attention on kids clothes, are comfort and quality. This dress up outfit is super soft, comfy and washable. What she’s wearing here is the Winter Beauty because she loves the red, white and gold combination. They also have other kinds of Princess inspired dress ups like Moana , Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna, Cinderella, Belle and so much more. Like i said they even have matching doll dresses . So fabulous right ? If you have boys, they also Super Hero outfits , i remember my son played super hero all the time when he was at Olivia’s age. They also have knights and dragons dress ups that is so easy to wear too. They have all kinds for the boys department really. Also the last but not the least, if you feel like joining the dress up game with your mini they also have ones for moms and dad. That is so much fun and i bet the kids would love it too.
Today, we are offering %15 off discount towards your Little Adventures purchase use code APWB15%. Also we are giving away $30.00 store credit at Little Adventures. I’m telling you, this is a perfect gift for the child that loves pretend play!
Thank you so much for reading!
*This post is sponsored by Little Adventures. I only accept product and services that would benefit my readers. All thoughts and opinions are mine.
When you say streetstyle it means what people wear on their day to day lives. Personally, i like taking streetstyle photos rather than pageant like photos. It’s more relatable to me and i like to capture that moment when i decided to dressed them fashionably that day. Taking pictures on kids is tasking and time consuming. You want them to look at the camera and smile? forget it. In a good day, you get lucky.Y
So i wanted to share to you my tricks on how i take photos of my child:
1.You talk to them – i used to say “Look here and say cheese! ” .While it worked during the first few years of their lives. In my case it doesn’t work anymore for my 2nd child. So what i usually do is ask her a bunch of questions that excites her like “Hey Olivia, what’s your favorite food ?! ” She would answer ” Spaghetti ! ” . Then you click. Make sure you clicked it at the end of the word that sounds like “e” that way they have that grin on their faces. That is just an example, you can creative as you want but that works on me all the time.
2. Just follow them around – this works really good when they are little, maybe 3 and under. I used to chase my kids at the park when they were little and i get great candid pictures of them but sometimes the lighting will ruin it, so you just kind of guide your child where to roam around. Stay away from too much sunlight.
3. Use props that they can hold – my favorite props to use is the Starbucks kids hot cocoa drink because it somehow can complete a look. How weird right? but it worked for us. Olivia loves her hot cocoa and streetstyle photoshoot is effortlessly candid and stress free, by the time she is done drinking i’m done shooting. You can also let them use their favorite fruit or toy that would match their outfit. Just be creative and use your imagination.
4. Play pretend – this works amazing because kids love to play pretend. For example when i want Olivia to pose, i usually asked her “Who is your favorite princess and can you do a princess pose ? ” She would do it but sometimes she doesn’t and that’s okay! So it’s really pretty much taking your time.
5. Patience – this is the most important of all. You know, kids love to test us. So you just have to work your way through. You’ll have to take hundreds of shots and only get 3 or 4 shots you like. Just enjoy the experience, after all it’s about the moment you shared with your kids.
Thank you so much for reading and have a great day!
April’s Outfit: dress: Old Navy // shoes: BP Nordstrom // hat: c/o Popsugar Must Have Box // sunglasses: BP Nordstrom // belt: Banana Republic (old) // bag: Prada similar here // bracelet: Kendra Scott
I am obsessed on matching looks with my mini. I know it won’t be long that she don’t want to wear matching outfits with me anymore. As of now Olivia loves it when we matched, so i’m soaking in every moment of it. If you are a girl mom and you want to do some matching looks time to time with your daughter or if you have a Fall photo shoot coming up, check out these matching looks i picked for you. Most of them can be purchase in one store like the Flower Power look, most of the items are from Old Navy. The Minimalist look are from Gap. The Wild Safari are from J.Crew. There are a couple of items that are from different brands like the Madewell drawstring bag and Tory Burch leopard flats but most of them are all in one store. So it’s easier to shop and it saves you a lot of time. When you are a mom, time is gold. Let me know what you think of the Outfit Themes i picked for you and which one is your favorite?
* This post contains affiliate links that i make a commission of.
I can officially say my daughter Olivia finally knows how to swim after 3 months of training in Junior 1 at Goldfish Swim School. Now, every child is different some learned early, some are a little delay. But that doesn’t matter, what matters most is that you provide your child an important life skill that they have it in them for the rest their lives. Here is a post of the importance and benefits of swimming lessons for children.
For Junior 2 ( 3-4 years old) this is what they will cover:
Olivia just started Junior 2 about a week ago . Aside from the improvement of her skill level, her enthusiasm and confidence towards learning how to swim definitely improved. I believed that it has to do a lot with the instructors making it a fun experience for the kids. If you watched them it just seems like they are just playing in the water, moving their arms and legs but they are actually learning through the whole process. It takes a lot of patience to teach this little kids, i credit these instructors for doing such a great job. I admire their dedication towards their work and how they treat the kids. It’s fun to watch them. I’m just so happy with this experience with Goldfish Swim School. This is a sponsored post but even if it’s not, it is my swim school of choice. Read our Goldfish Swim School experience here.
Thank you so much for reading and have a great day!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions are mine. #samsungtargettech #CollectiveBias
Back-to-school is just around the corner whether we like it or not, it’s gonna be here any day soon. I will surely miss our slow mornings and homework free nights. But i’m also glad and excited that i could also get some things done without tagging along kids with me. For a mom, going Target shopping without