This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SchwarzkopfGliss #blissofGliss #CollectiveBias
Years ago i went through a major hair damage. Every time i washed my hair, it was such a struggle to brush and blow dry because my hair was so tangled. I had a lot of hair loss and breakage as well. In other words, i wasn’t really taking good care of my hair, i was abusing it with so much chemicals brought with constant hair coloring and damaging hair products. Sometimes hair gets damaged and you may not know it. GLISS® Hair Repair™ has the patented technology to repair your hair. Also, hair loses Keratin over time. GLISS® Hair Repair™– Identical Keratin replaces the lost Keratin for re-gained strength and smoother hair surface. The patented technology repairs up to 10 layers deep, replacing lost Keratin beautifully strong and smooth hair. If you are struggling with hair damage right now or wanted to maintain a healthy hair this post is for you.
Here are 7 weird things you may not know were damaging your hair:
1. Water – Water is the number one reason why you can still find that your hair is breaking or has split ends even if you never blow-dry your hair.
2. Brushing – It’s a myth that you should brush your hair a hundred times a day to have healthy shiny hair. It doesn’t help at all. It’s also more likely that brushing the wrong way is damaging your. This is called mechanical damage
3. Twirling – Dirt from your hands transfers across to your hair making it heavy and limp. The constant touching causes breakage as well.
4. Hair Accessories (like elastics and pretty hair pins)- Elastics are not the gentlest on your hair. They snag and cause breakages, especially at the ends of your hair where it’s weaker.
5. Your Handbag – Wearing a shoulder bag or cross body bag, you’re often catching your hair underneath the strap. That regular wear and tear on the same side of your head causes split end breakages. Eventually your hair will just snap off.
6. Your Pillow – Not putting your hair to bed properly at night is also causing damage. We didn’t really think that a pillowcase would make a big difference until we switched to silk. Not only is it so much smoother on your hair, it reduces frizz and stops those pillow creases forming.
7. Wearing the Same Style Everyday – Tight hairstyles constrain your hair, and placing your hair band in the same place daily will cause a ring of breakage around your hair.
Tips on how to prevent hair damage
1. Read the product labels – We may not realize that some products are not good for you, not all products are created equally. So it’s really important to educate ourselves and do some research on what to use for our hair. You want something that combine patented keratin technology with essential benefits like color protection, intense hydration, long-lasting volume, and weightless nourishment, so you get the repair you need without having to compromise. Try GLISS® Hair Repair™ products, their Ultimate Repair Shampoo and Conditioner won the Allure Best of Beauty Award as best shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair.
2. Be kind to your hair – As much as possible try to use styling products less frequently and lessen the usage of hair gadgets like curling irons, hair straighteners , hair dryers and etc. Heat is the hair’s enemy, if you exposed it to a lot of heat it would really damage your hair. Try using hair protectant or lower the heat for just a notch of your hair gadgets.
3. Eat healthy – Our hair is made up of proteins so it’s important to load our bodies with high protein foods like eggs, steak, beans, fish and many more. This will promote hair re growth and repair.
3. Manage stress in your life – In life there is always stress, it’s inevitable. So what you need to do is to learn to manage it by diverting yourself away from stress. Try doing things that would make you happy, inspired and relaxed. Try working out and doing yoga. Things that would benefit your body and soul will really help on repairing and maintaining a healthy hair.
4. Trim your hair – To prevent split ends, trim your hair every 6-8 weeks. This will give your hair a healthy glow and prevent from being dry on the ends.
5. Wash your hair every other day – This is case to case basis because it depends on the type of hair you have and what place you lived in. If you live in a very hot and humid climate that you sweat a lot, then you might have to wash it everyday. As long as keeping your hair dandruff free. Try also applying conditioner only at the ends so it doesn’t weigh your hair down.
6. Tone down on those hair buns – It may seem easier to wear the same ponytail or bun every day but it’s damaging your hair. Tight hairstyles constrain your hair and those elastic are not the gentlest on your hair. They sang and cause breakages, especially at the ends of your hair where it’s weaker. Here is a tip, when removing them from your hair, spritz them with the Schwarzkopf Fiber Therapy Leave in Conditioner Spray and also spray some on the ends of your hair.
7. Take supplements – Some research suggests that biotin (part of the B complex vitamins) may improve brittle nails and thinning hair. Many experts recommend a biotin supplement for hair health because it’s water-soluble (meaning your body excretes what it doesn’t need) and doesn’t have any side effects.
8. Use silk pillows – Not only is it much smoother on your hair, it reduces frizz and stops those pillow creases forming.
Our hair is our crowning glory so it’s really important to take care of it. GLISS® Hair Repair™ is an everyday shampoo and it’s not just something you use when it’s severely damaged . As hair loses Keratin through various aspects, you should use it regularly. I’m sharing a special offer for you all from Sunday 2/11 – Saturday 2/17. Henkel Enterprise Event (tied with other Henkel brands – GLISS® Hair Repair™, got2b, Color Ultime, Keratin Color, Dial, Right Guard, Dry Idea) – Spend $20, Get $7 in ExtraBucks, GLISS® Hair Repair™ will be on sale for 2/$10 (like 2/$6 after $4 off 2 FSI coupon) on top of the Enterprise event. The GLISS® Hair Repair™ products are located at the hair care aisle at CVS.
Thank you for reading !