Valentine’s day is just around the corner . That time of the year when you want to wear something cute and fancy for a date with your husband or boyfriend. Maybe something fun and fabulous for a galentine’s day with your girlfriends. But sometimes we just want to wear something casual that goes with the theme of the occasion. A little Valentine’s date with your mini or minis while waiting for your husband to come home from work would be a great idea and how fun would it be to match your outfits. Just keep it low key, simple but fun. I know motherhood is a challenge and occasions like this most likely a lot of us are with the kids all day, cleaning , cooking and etc. So i want to share to you some activities you can do with the kids on Valentine’s day.
- Get outside . This is what i usually do on Valentine’s day with the kids, i’d take them out to the playground, mall or any sight seeing we could go. We will buy some treats to celebrate the occasion , it’s not always pleasant because kids are kids but i want them to be aware and to remember that it’s a special occasion that you spend with your love one.
- Bake cookies or any goodies . If you are a type who likes to bake, this is the great idea to do with the kids for Valentine’s day. Some heart shape sugar cookies or a vanilla cupcake topped with heart shape sprinkles sounds really good.
- Make crafts. Making each other Valentine’s day cards is a great idea to show your kids that this is a special occasion to shower lots of love to your special one.
- Valentine’s Day playdate party. Gather your mom friends and organize a party together. Let each one bring a potluck dish to share and organize fun games. This is will wear them out for sure, bed time will be early. So that you and your husband can spend more quality time together.
- Brunch and a movie. If there is a kids or family movies showing around this time. This would a great idea as well. If not, go have a brunch date or make your own brunch together and then put on some Netflix movies.
- Go out as a Family. Valentine’s day is not just for couples , it could be a family day too. You can do a staycation at your local hotel or water park , go out to dinner as a family or plan a picnic lunch if you live in a warm area. As long as you bond together as a family , as a couple that’s what matters. I believe that the greatest gift you can give to your kids is the love that you have for each other. Your relationship as a couple is the greatest foundation.
My kids won’t probably care so much right now because they are still little. All they care about is they want to have fun on our Valentine’s day date but i want them to remember it and to realize one day the importance of our bondings together it doesn’t matter what or where we do things, it’s about spending time together. I realized that sooner or later, they would go out on a date with their special date. So as of now that we as their parents are their world, i wanna take advantage of it and make the most out of it. It might be hard but we have to remember all this will pass and it is something we will surely miss. So go out for an adventure and create those moments.