Lifestyle

Go Back To School in Style with Samsung Galaxy GS8+

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions are mine. #samsungtargettech #CollectiveBias

#shop #collectivebias GS8+

Back-to-school is just around the corner whether we like it or not, it’s gonna be here any day soon. I will surely miss our slow mornings and homework free nights. But i’m also glad and excited that i could also get some things done without tagging along kids with me. For a mom, going Target shopping without  kids is comparable to a mini vacation. My child free days wouldn’t appreciate that then, but when i became a mom it’s like heaven. As we are getting closer for back-to-school, that’s the time to prepare and get organized on things that needs to be done before the first day of school and i can achieve all that with the help of my Samsung Galaxy S8+. As i  go along with this post, i will share to you how i get organized for back-to-school season with my GS8+. I bought it at Target , it’s located at the back end of the store at the Electronics aisle. If you purchase it you will receive a $200 Target GiftCard (TM) with the purchase of a GS8 or GS8+ at Target. Make sure to check back here for any future promotional updates that might be available with the purchase of a GS8 or GS8+ from Target. It can also be added to your choice of wireless carrier and just last April they launched it with an Orchid case.#shop #cbias GS8+ back-to-schoolNowadays, it’s hard to live without my GS8+ because it pretty much do what you can’t. I do my things-to-do list and shopping list on my Samsung Notes. All of my kids schedules,personal, blog and social media schedules are all on my Samsung Calendar. I set alarms on them because i’m so forgetful, blame it on mom brain. It truly helps my productivity and organization because it’s so easy for me to navigate all the functions. I love the back button of the phone, that’s one of the selling point for me on all the Samsung phones i had because it’s so functional and simple to use. It’s even much more improved on the GS8+. Among the best features that i love is the expansive display that stretches from edge to edge, their biggest screen yet.#shop #cbias GS8+ Bac-to-SchoolAs a working stay-at-home mom, i’m  always on the go and on call 24/7. I have a lot of things going on in between managing my kids activities and my blog. My blog is my business and keeping up on my family’s needs are so important to me. So i have to keep that balance and it’s really hard sometimes. Just to give you a view of what my daily life is like this summer, i am always in or by the pool with my kids. Wait, it’s not really as breezy as what you are imagining. My point is, we are always spending our days outside in the summer because when school comes, we can’t really do that often. My kids are kids, they just don’t swim in the pool they also love to play of course and sometimes when i have a deadline to meet i work by the pool using my phone, good thing it’s water resistant because the other day my pre-schooler accidentally made a splash and it kinda splashed on my phone.

As a blogger, i’m on the phone a lot (guilty). Reading and responding emails, keeping up my social media engagements, drafting a blog post, researching and always taking pictures. I need an ample amount of battery life and storage to do all that. With my phones  wireless charging, it won’t slow me down i can power up without having to plug in. The charger is sold separately by the way. My storage also expands up to 256 GB ! It’s my favorite thing in the world. You have no idea all the stuffs going on my phone. My husband can’t believe how many pictures i took with my phone alone and all my schedules and reminders both family, social life and business. I don’t really have time or even can’t think of a time to go through it and transfer it to my laptop. Honestly, i’m pretty spoiled in that category because my phone can expand so much. The microSD card is also sold separately, but it’s worth it and it’s not really that costly at all.#shop #cbias GS8+ back-to-schoolLike i mentioned earlier, i take lots of pictures both my dslr camera and my GS8+. Pictures is the bread and butter when running a lifestyle blog, so image quality is very important to me. I want my phone to have a large screen, most powerful processing and an excellent front facing “selfie camera”.#cbias #shop Samsung Galaxy S8+ Back -to-School

Now I’m going to share to you how i get organized for back-to-school. We usually start a month before first day of school that way we have lots of time to shop. Also me and my kids will be mentally, emotionally and physically prepared.

How to Get Organized for Back-to-School Season with Samsung Galaxy 8+#shop #cbias Samsung Galaxy S8+ back to schoolA month before school starts, i create a school supplies shopping list and also start  shopping for school gears like backpacks, shoes, outfits, lunchboxes etc.#shop #cbias #GS8+Organizing and putting the school supplies together for my kids designated backpacks and home cubicles.#shop #cbias GS8+ back to schoolCreate  a portable homework caddy. It’s easier to move around wherever my son wants to do his homework, but most of the time we do it on our dining table. It is just easier for me to check on him while i’m making dinner at the kitchen.#shop #cbias back to school GS8+Plan a snack prep for the week. It will be breezy in the morning if the snacks are already packed. You just grab and go. I usually look up on Pinterest for easy snack ideas.#shop #cbias back to school GS8+Plan an easy weeknight  dinners. I strive my best to cook every weeknight, so it’s always good to plan ahead of time especially when the kids go back to school, i don’t want to spend my whole night making dinner.#shop #cbias back to school GS8+Get them to the habit of reading and doing some light school works before school actually starts. That way they  get adjusted once we are back with our school routine.#shop #cbias back to school GS8+Put them to bed on time. This is the most challenging one, my kids are staying up late during summer time and it’s really hard to get them back on the routine of putting them to bed early, that’s why we  give 2 weeks in advance before back-to-school to get their sleeping schedules back on track again.#shop #cbias back to school GS8+Plan and lay out outfits for the week. This is really important that way it saves you time in the morning. I’m sharing you some cute, stylish and comfy outfits for back-to-school. Everything here is from Target!

Back-To-School in Style Must Haves

Girls

#shop #cbias target school must haves

Boys

#shop #cbias #target #schoolmusthaves

Plan ahead. This is really important because it’s what help you manage your time. #shop #cbias back to school #GS8+

There you go and I hope you find these helpful to get you organized for back-to-school. Thank you so much for reading and have a great day!

Share:
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

43 Comments

• Reply Noelle

Great tips! Thank you!!

August 2, 2017 at 1:29 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Your welcome

August 2, 2017 at 4:44 pm
  • Reply Stephanie

You have some great back to school tips — I especially like the homework caddy and agree that getting them into a routine 2 weeks before is SO important. That phone really helps you do it all! Great outfit picks, too! You have great style. #client

August 2, 2017 at 3:29 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Thank you so much Stephanie 🙂 The homework caddy comes in so handy around the house.

August 2, 2017 at 4:41 pm
  • Reply Anvita

I love Target, it’s less than a mile away from my place and I see myself going there for almost everything. This eve I am going to back to school shopping. I like your idea.

August 2, 2017 at 3:33 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Target for the win ! yes, its better to get it all done ahead of time 🙂

August 2, 2017 at 4:44 pm
  • Reply Blanca N Valbuena

I’m an apple fan, but that GS8+ sounds amazing….and your flatlays came out divine. Did you have to do much editing?

August 2, 2017 at 3:58 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Thank you! I didn’t do much editing on the flatlays , just brightening and increasing the contrast a bit

August 2, 2017 at 4:43 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

What a great sounding phone at the moment I’m on apple and as much as I love it, it is so expensive and I need more memory so I am tempted to switch to android.

August 2, 2017 at 6:07 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Yeah, i love the expandable memory of Samsung phones and the image quality is really what got me sold out.

August 4, 2017 at 1:21 pm
  • Reply Alicia Taylor

I would be completely lost without my cell phone. Which is weird because up until 2 months ago, I didn’t even have one and didn’t want one. Now, I don’t know how I survived without it.

August 2, 2017 at 6:13 pm
    • Reply April Kus

I know, same here i needed my phone everywhere.

August 4, 2017 at 1:20 pm
  • Reply Kelly Hutchinson

We all just got the Samsun Galaxy S8 and we LOVE them! I had no idea I could have gotten mine at Target…at a better price!

August 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Hi Kelly! Congratulations!! That is amazing, I love Samsung !

August 4, 2017 at 1:19 pm
  • Reply Tomika Bryant

I agree that it is hard to get back into the swing of things after summer break but starting early helps.

August 2, 2017 at 10:26 pm
  • Reply jiselle jones

i love your pictures your post was helpful but it’s your pics that really drew me in! I’ve gotten hooked on my iphone but I need to get a new phone and i’ve heard people talk about the samsung so i guess it’s definitely worth checking out for myself given the info and pics taken!

August 3, 2017 at 12:17 am
  • Reply Cassie

I have had apple iphones for years but haven’t actually tried a samsung galaxy. I’d be interested in giving it a go before I buy my next phone to test it out and see the differences

August 3, 2017 at 12:53 am
  • Reply Anne Yedlin

Getting the kids back into a routine is the hardest part but so essential for getting them ready. This is a great list you have put together. I think I’m gonna head to Target and check out the phone and pricing plans they offer. I need an upgrade!

August 3, 2017 at 1:52 am
  • Reply Heather Johnson

What a great device and some great tips for getting ready for school. We homeschool, but I have used this time to buy more supplies super cheap.

August 3, 2017 at 3:13 am
  • Reply tiffany

This post has some great tips!! I can’t believe it’s Back to School time already, where did the summer go?!

August 3, 2017 at 5:25 am
  • Reply Ruth I.

It’s relaxing to see guides like this that are sure to help out to sort ” back to school stuff ” which is sometimes challenging. This is a wonderful article, I like it.

August 3, 2017 at 10:11 am
    • Reply April Kus

Thank you Ruth! I know, i can’t believe its back to school already.

August 4, 2017 at 1:22 pm
  • Reply Paige

You take really great pictures! I’ve heard the Galaxy GS8 has one of the best cameras around – how do you like it to take quick blog or social media photos when you’re out and about? I am in the market for a new phone and just can’t justify paying the ridiculous prices for an iPhone anymore! 256GB of possible storage sounds pretty darn good too!

xoxo, Paige

August 4, 2017 at 2:07 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Hi Paige, I’ll take note of that. Sounds like a great idea to share on the blog and social media. I’ll message you once i got the idea up. Yes, 256 GB that’s what i love about my S8+ i never had a problem with storage and it never slowed down my phone…like ever! Thank you so much and have a great weekend to you.

August 5, 2017 at 9:16 pm
  • Reply Liz @ Yes/No Detroit

How is the battery on the GS8+? I have the S6 currently and thinking of getting an 8 or 8+ at some point. (my battery on the 6 is awful but to be fair I’ve had it for 2+ years …)

August 4, 2017 at 2:50 pm
    • Reply April Kus

Hi Liz, as a blogger like yourself battery life is very important and i have no problems with it. I can use it all day without charging, i only charged it at night and i use my phone a lot during the day.

August 5, 2017 at 9:13 pm
  • Reply Heather Johnson

The Samsung Galaxy S8+ sounds like a great device for getting ready for back to school. I am so ready for cooler fall weather and full time homeschool!

August 4, 2017 at 3:18 pm
  • Reply tara pittman

My phone is in use a lot too and I dont feel guilty. My boys are always entertaining each other anyway.

August 4, 2017 at 4:36 pm
  • Reply Nadia De Leon

It seems easy to organize your tasks and things to do on a smartphone especially if you have a great phone like Samsung S8! These tips are helpful especially for a lot of parents who are now in back to school mode. We need all the help and good vibes to have a great start and a fruitful new school year. Thanks for the tips!

August 4, 2017 at 5:02 pm
  • Reply Rosalie

I’ve been an Apple user since I was fifteen years old, so I feel like it would be hard to switch over! How would you compare it to the iPhone 7?

August 4, 2017 at 5:12 pm
  • Reply Oyinkan

I love target & remember racking up a ton of stuff at target growing up. I still do so now for some office supplies

August 4, 2017 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Becki

Love the sound of wireless charging! We’re all ready for school shopping – just waiting for teacher assignments and lists 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

August 4, 2017 at 6:48 pm
  • Reply Jennifer L

I’ve been to see more about the samsung galaxy as i currently have an iphone. I love the camera on the phone and the way the phone is set up. May need to check it out and maybe even switch.

August 4, 2017 at 7:07 pm
  • Reply Ladonna Dennis Maxwell

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Galaxy GS-8. I too set alarms so I don’t forget things! You’re so organized!

August 4, 2017 at 9:53 pm
  • Reply Tonya Wilhelm

I have a Samsung Galaxy and love it! The camera is super and videos too. So happy it’s the phone I chose.

August 4, 2017 at 11:05 pm
  • Reply Nellwyn

As a fellow blogger I totally understand the importance of having a phone with a high quality camera. I can’t believe people are preparing for back to school already! It still feels like the middle of summer to me

August 5, 2017 at 1:51 am
  • Reply Kelly Hutchinson

Your tips for going back to school. It can be so hard to make that transition. And I love the idea of the caddy. So great.

August 5, 2017 at 2:19 am
  • Reply Claudia Krusch

These are some great back to school styles. I need to get a new phone and the Samsung Galaxy S8 is at the top of my list.

August 5, 2017 at 3:34 pm
  • Reply Kanyi

The phone looks lovely, cant wait to get it.

Great tips and lovely kids you have.

August 5, 2017 at 7:33 pm
  • Reply Khushboo

Getting the kids back to school can often be tedious. I am glad you had Samsung Galaxy to help you along the way 🙂

August 6, 2017 at 4:58 pm
  • Reply Erin F

Im loving how the screen is pretty much edge to edge on the Samsung Galaxy Gs8! I also had NO IDEA that much work went into sending kids back to school. I think the most we ever needed was a Trapper Keeper with either “Lisa Frank” or NKOTB and some pencils and paper!

August 7, 2017 at 1:35 pm
  • Reply Aimee Geroux

Oh how cute is that panda backpack?!?! I keep eyeing the Samsung Galaxy, it is such a gorgeous phone, but it is so hard to change habits and I am torn about switching from my iPhone. One day I will lol!

August 10, 2017 at 12:40 pm
  • Reply Kate | Highlights Along The Way

I love that portable homework caddy! Thanks so much for sharing these tips!

August 10, 2017 at 8:20 pm