This shop is compensated by Schwarzkopf #CareWithKeratin #sponsored
I always believed in the saying ” You can never be too educated or too overdress”. Like most of us, I feel great and confident when I’m dressed up. As a stay at home mom it is definitely a challenge to take care of ourselves. Our outside appearance always take a back seat to prioritize our families needs and there is nothing more amazing than that. After all one of the essence of a woman is to create a family and nurture children as great individuals one day. But sometimes at some point in motherhood, I kind of miss my old self. I miss the long showers, putting make up on and dressing nice. Some of us lost our personal style and that’s okay. Sometimes it’s just the way it is. Trust me, i don’t look prim and proper everyday but i tried to from time to time or at least putting something else on rather than my shirt and leggings everyday. One thing for sure, it is a struggle and i try not to be too hard on myself.
In this post i would love to share positivity and encouragement to women on how to make you feel your best self. I also wanted to tell you about Dress for Success®Worldwide, it’s an organization that is a partner of Schwarzkopf that empowers women by providing them with the tools they need to achieve economic independence. Through education and mentoring, they’re making a difference in your community and across the globe. Over one million women have been served by this international organization and its programs. This partnership empowers women looking for upward mobility to revitalize women’s hair and clothing options so they can be as successful as they look.
How to Find Your Personal Style
- Identify yourself . Think about who you are and how do you want to feel, with so many sources nowadays it’s so easy to get lost of what’s in and what’s out when it comes to trends. Think about your taste and how you want to evolve because as time goes by our style evolve due to a change of lifestyle and of course you want your style to reflect in that moment. In other words you have to be true to yourself.
2. Consider the change of lifestyle. Pay attention to the demands of your daily life. If you are a stay-at-home-mom, choose outfits that are easy to wear and also cute that would make you feel great about yourself. That also goes with the choice of how you want your hair and make up that goes with the demand of your lifestyle.
I’m going to share to you a tutorial on how i color my hair at home using the Schwarzkopf Keratin Color. A professional quality hair color at home that offers flattering colors while caring for the hair. Let me first tell you the benefits when using Keratin color.
- it gives great quality hair color results ( rich and even colors, covers gray)
- it gives amazing shine and feel of the hair after coloring
- less hair breakage
The Schwarzkopf Keratin Color can be bought at Walmart at the beauty section they have a special sidekick display in store too. I bought the Delicate Praline because i want to achieve a somewhat medium brown tone on my hair.
Swarzchopf Keratin Color Hair Tutorial
In this tutorial i used the Delicate Praline Schwarzkopf Keratin Hair Color. The very first thing you got to do is to perform the allergy alert test 48 hrs before each product use. Perform the allergy alert test on an area of skin sized approximately o.5 in x 0.5 in on the inside of the elbow.Apply a small amount of the Color Creme in a thin layer on the inside of the elbow with cotton bud and leave uncovered for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, wash off the Color Creme thoroughly with lukewarm water. If any reaction occurs during the following 48 hrs, you should rinse immediately and not use this colorant.
- Preparation : Before coloring your hair, put on the gloves. Cover your clothes with an old towel. Have a watch nearby, so that you can check the processing time. Please apply Keratin Color on dry, unwashed hair.
Step 1 : Twist cap and apply Pre-Treatment on dry ends of hair.
2. Mixing :
Step 2a : Pierce the Color Creme tube with the reverse side of the cap.Carefully squeeze the entire content in to the Application Bottle. Place the cap back on the Application Bottle and close it securely.Shake the bottle vigorously until all the ingredients are mixed into a smooth cream.
Then twist the tip of the cap and immediately start with the application process as follows. Attention: The color of the mixture may change during the coloration process but this will not influence the final color result.
3. a Application:
Full Head Application:
This method is recommended if:
- you are the coloring your hair permanently for the fist time.
- your previous hair color has completely grown out, has been washed away and no regrowth is visible. Apply the entire mixture, strand after strand, onto all of your hair. Then massage the entire mixture in with your fingertips.Leave on your hair to develop for 30 minutes.
3.b Regrowth Application:
This method recommended if:
- your hair has been colored and regrowth is visible
- the ends of your hair are darker or in poor condition.
At first, apply 2/3 of the mixture throughout the whole regrowth area. To do this, part a section of your hair using the tip of the Application Bottle. Apply the mixture along the parting by massaging it into the roots with your fingertips ( leave supplied gloves on). Repeat this procedure for the whole regrowth area. Leave on to develop for 20 minutes. Afterwards, apply the remaining mixture to the ends of your hair. Massage well and leave on for an additional 10 minutes. The processing time in total shoule be betwenn 30 and 45 minutes, depending on the color intensity you would like to achieve.
4. Rinsing and after care
Step 3 : At the end of the processing time, apply warm water to the hair and work into lather.Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear. Afterwards, massage the specially developed Keratin Care Complex Conditioner into towel dried hair and leave it in for 2 minutes.Rinse thoroughly. Depending on the length of your hair, the Conditioner can be used for 3-4 applications.
Here is the before and after results.
It only took me about 45 minutes and since i have a very fine hair i only used one box and it covered all my hair. I like to achieve a medium brown tone on my hair because fall is here and i love to go dark for fall and winter season.
3. Know your body shape , face shape and also analyze your closet. Understand your body shape, most women have areas of our body that we want to cover and areas we want to highlight. Determining our body shape makes it easier for us to learn to dress in a way that makes us feel good. It’s also goes the same with the shape of our faces, if you can determine the shape of your face it easier for you to find inspirations on what kind of cut and color that suits you best. When it comes to clothes, it is always important to declutter and buy items that you can mix and match many times in your closet. That’s what a capsule wardrobe is for. You buy certain items and just circulate your outfits base on your capsule wardrobe. This a great technique to save you a lot of time and money.
4. Find a style inspiration and be adventurous. You can find style inspiration everywhere but the easiest to find one is to look at Pinterest and fashion and beauty blog/vlogs. If you found someone you like, jot down, screenshot or take a photo of your favorite fashion and beauty looks.
5. Stay on budget. It’s okay to splurge once in awhile on investment pieces that you can wear or use forever but we also have to stick with a budget and spend within our means. As a shopper i shop to all price points, i buy a few high ends, some middle price brands and also affordable brands. It really depends how you mix and match them and what kind of look you are going for.
6. Be confident. They say you cannot buy style and i totally agree with that. What really matters most is how you carry and present yourself. Being confident is believing in yourself and have faith in your abilities. I’m going to share to you one of my favorite quotes about confidence, i always try to remember this every time i feel inadequate as a blogger because let’s face it social media can crush you, but it really depends on how to use social media as a tool. For me, i use social media to be inspired in creating contents that i like to share alth0ugh sometimes it can make you feel inadequate and make you feel less confident about yourself.
Here is the qoute:
“Confidence isn’t walking into the room with your nose in the air, thinking you are better than everyone else. It’s walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else in the first place”.