Shop the Post
Just when you thought that the weather is getting better and things gets better but no. We are bombarded again with snow and more snow to come. It’s winter after all ! Better yet, you just have to find joy in everyday and make the most out of it. We went out to enjoy the fresh snow that just came our way. My daughter haven’t experience playing under the flurries nor lifting her head up and sticking her tongue out to taste the snow because when it’s snowing i always rush everybody to get inside. So today was her first time and she was just ecstatic like crazy. It was only 10 minutes but it was fun, too bad her big brother Lucas’s school didn’t cancel today. Anyways, there will always be next time and i’m sure we will get more snow. After all the fun playing outside, we treated ourselves with some yummy hot cocoa.
So let’s talk about how to find joy in everyday. By talking about this i’m not saying i’m always happy and joyful, i am a work in progress. In fact, i am very grumpy when i’m tired and hungry. Not a normal grumpy mood but like a tiger that could lash you. Here are some points that i also need to remind myself all the time.
- Create happiness in your life – Stop waiting to be happy. We all have those dark days that it’s just so hard to move, to get up. You just want to stay in bed all day and thinking all of the bad stuffs that’s happening in your life. Whatever we are going through, we have to try our best to shift our focus and get it together. It’s really a tough battle but we have to overcome it. If it needs something to get done for you to feel productive and achieve joy, then do it. Don’t wait for things to happen coz it won’t.
- Appreciate the small things – This is hard because most of us are not contented. Most of us ignore or take for granted little things that’s happening around us because we are looking and waiting for that prize possession, a new chapter of our life and achievement that we want. We tend to forget to appreciate the journey and the life we already have. Let’s take it to a habit of embracing the joys in small things.
- Surround yourself with positive people – Obviously you want to surround yourself with people that gives positive impact in your life. Whatever is around you, it influence your mood and behavior. You have to make a choice on how you want to lead your life through the person or people you surround yourself with.
- Taking care of yourself – Sometimes we short our time for ourselves that left us feeling exhausted and stressed out but also sometimes we over do the time for ourselves to the point that we forget or ignore the things that needs to get done or the things that needs more focus on. We have to have balance, set a timer or make a deadline if possible.
- Be a better person – It’s okay to have negative feelings, after all we are humans. But we have to learn to deal with these negative feelings in a constructive way, otherwise your behavior will be negatively influenced. Be rational with your emotions and judgements. Take your time to process your emotions to prevent impulsive unhealthy reactions.
So those are the things that i also try my best to practice in my daily life. Especially now that i have kids, we have to live by example. I am not perfect and i will never be but i will keep trying to work on it. Investing on oneself is very important because no one else will, only you.
Thank you so much for reading….
*This post contains affiliate links that i make commission of when you make a purchase. No charge on you.